North Carolina Debt Consolidation Lawyers
Debt settlement can be a viable approach to debt elimination in North Carolina. But many individuals can take control over their debt by using a program that combines debt from multiple credit cards or even multiple loans and pays the consolidated debt off—often at a lower interest rate. Far too often, individuals attempt a do-it-yourself approach to debt consolidation by shifting credit card balances from one card to another—often resulting in increased debt problems. The law firm of John F. Hanzel, P.A. provides clients with effective debt counseling in North Carolina and other services to help them get out of debt—and make the right choices for the future.
How consolidation provides North Carolina debt relief
The main goals of debt consolidation in North Carolina are the following:
- Simplify your overall debt issues by reducing the number of creditors you have to deal with
- Reducing the interest on your outstanding debt
In most cases, a reputable debt consolidation program accomplishes these goals by combining multiple outstanding debts to a single creditor. You now make one monthly payment at a lower interest rate until you emerge debt-free.
How we can help
Although debt consolidation sounds simple, it can be quite complex. At John F. Hanzel, P.A. we have the experience needed to take the holistic approach needed to emerge and remain debt-free. We can help in the following ways:
- Analysis. It is critical to establish a program that looks at your income and fixed expenses—and the types and priorities of your current debt—before making any attempt to guarantee your ability to repay your debt. We are experienced in analyzing your current financial situation to ensure the debt relief program you select is right for you.
- Alternative North Carolina debt management programs. Debt consolidation is just one way to progress toward a debt-free future. We can often negotiate with creditors on your behalf to reduce the amount you owe, or use other methods to help your financial situation.
- Debt counseling. A critical factor in establishing a debt-free future is to understand what actions caused problems in the past so you can avoid them in the future. Our firm can guide you to reputable debt counseling resources that educate you so you can learn budgeting and other methods for obtaining the things you want while remaining financially healthy.